You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv.
What does a successful Big Data Engineer, Senior do?
As an experienced member of our Data Engineering Platform Group you will be responsible for building and taking ownership over the successful design and development of data engineering projects within Fiserv’s Enterprise Data Analytics division. You will be apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the data engineering lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals.
What you will do
You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. You will Lead large-scale data engineering, integration and warehousing projects, build custom integrations between cloud-based systems using APIs and write complex and efficient queries to transform raw data sources into easily accessible models by using Talend as a Data integration tool with coding across several languages such as Java, Python, and SQL. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to Architect, build, and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to the team and Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you create.
What you will need to have:
• 10+ Overall industry experience
• 7+ years' experience with building large scale big data applications development
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
• Provide technical leadership in developing data solutions and building frameworks
• Expertise in solutions for processing large volumes of data, using tools ETL ( Talend preferred) and Big Data platforms
• Experience building Data Lake, EDW and data applications using Azure, AWS and Hands-on experience in cloud Data stack (preference is Azure)
• Understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS, SQL experience
• Hands on experience on major programming/scripting languages like Java, Linux and/or Python/Scala(Nice to have)
• Java experience with OOPS concepts, multithreading
• Nice to have experience deploying code on containers
• Conduct code reviews and strive for improvement in software engineering quality
• Hands-on experience in production rollout and infrastructure configuration
• Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering big data projects using Kafka, Spark
• Exposure working on NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB, and Elastic Search
• Experience working with PCI Data and working with data scientists is a plus
• In depth knowledge of design principles and patterns
• Able to tune big data solutions to improve performance
What would be great to have:
• Exposure to Talend Big Data edition and solutions a strong plus
• Exposure to Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, and Modeling of Unstructured Data
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
• Experience in Design and architecture review
• Experience in Banking, Financial domain
Perks at work:
- We are #FISVProud of our commitment to wellness, preventive services, fitness, and work-life balance.
- Maintain a healthy work-life balance with paid holidays and our generous time off policies including Unlimited Rest and Relaxation.
- Protect and maintain your well-being with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
- Plan for your future with the Fiserv 401(k) Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Make health a priority with a range of activities, seminars, and learning resources through our Fuel Your Life program.
- Join Employee Resource Groups that promote our diverse and inclusive culture where associates can build their network and share perspectives..
- Relocation assistance may be provided to relocate to Berkeley Heights, NJ to join our new
- State- of- the -Art Innovation Tech Center
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce that reflects our world. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Find out more about us at careers.fiserv.com. Whenever you're ready for a change, we're ready to help.
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plans and Incentives & Bonuses
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Corporate Social Responsibility
Unique Suite of Solutions
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.