You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv.
What does a great Application Specialist do?
Do you have financial accounting expertise coupled with an affinity for working directly with clients to take on complex problems? Are you the kind of person that goes above and beyond? In addition to the responsibility for maintaining the day-to-day relationship with our clients, we need someone with an excellent understanding of budgeting, operations and reporting, preferably with experience working in a banking environment. We love to see professionals with backgrounds in Accounting, Budgeting, Balance Sheet Management, Forecasting, or Investments. As an Application Specialist, you will have a chance to use your prior financial knowledge and excellent troubleshooting skills, strong leadership abilities, and your positive personality towards work. Growth opportunities include increased product or management responsibility within Client Services, Professional Services or Product Development.
This position is important and required to ensure that we take care of our clients as well as their customers. This directly follows our Values of earning client trust every day and creating with purpose. You will contribute to efforts small and large!
- Work within a close-knit team supporting the banking operations, ensuring that client cases are accurately and quickly resolved
- Serve as principal point of contact for support with both our external and internal customers regarding application queries/issues.
- You will perform research and problem diagnostics to find resolutions to reported problems and challenges clients face.
- Validate and resolve our clients' issues to happiness prior to closing inquiries.
- Provide root-cause analysis for complex issues and craft action plans to prevent reoccurrence.
- Appropriately advance issues to Tier 2 support team when warranted.
- Provide client input to Product Managers, Business Analysts and Programmers relating to product features and improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
This role is required to be performed onsite. There is no Hybrid opportunities available for this role.
- 2+ years of financial accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- 2+ years prior application support or technical implementation role within the financial services industry
- Experience with Prologue Financials or Axiom Planning & Profitability strongly preferred.
- Ability to analyze and unravel technical problems, comfortable with mathematics and working with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent presentation, client management, and communication skills.
- Experienced working in virtual environments a plus.
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis
- Health. Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability options
- Work/Life Balance. Paid time off
- Family Time. Parental bonding leave
- Retirement. 401(k) plan with company matching
- Education. Tuition reimbursement, internal eLearning training and development portal
- Investment. Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And more!
Fiserv is a global leader in fintech and payments for over 35 years serving thousands of financial institutions and millions of businesses in more than 100 countries. Our Purpose is to deliver superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation, and excellence in everything we do as we process over 40% of the world’s debit and credit transactions.
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plans and Incentives & Bonuses
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Corporate Social Responsibility
Unique Suite of Solutions
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.