Card Services Specialist
WhatdoesagreatCard Services Specialist do?
Do you have a background in back-office banking or card services operations? As a member of our Key Account team, you will be responsible for supporting the operational needs of Card Services and other organizations who partner with us to sell our products and services directly to their FI customers. Our team provides second level support to these Resellers and FIs in areas such as ATM/debit card production and processing, settlement, out of balance, reports, database set-up, client notifications and file transmissions. Each team member is responsible for understanding the nuances associated with the product/services and level of support provided to each of your clients. Associates within this group work closely with the Account Management team as well as other Card Services departments throughout the United States.
- Lead the resolution of complex customer technical and/or operational problems with designated software and other company products.
- Support and assist Account Executives assigned to Key Account clients.
- You will handle our clients' critical issues and help them take on complex technical or operational problems that require additional support.
- Function as the main contact point for client daily operational and business support issues and questions.
- Respond to client inquiries via telephone and email.
- Act as a liaison between client and other internal groups.
- Research complex customer inquiries while adhering to customer support internal guidelines and processes to ensure customer happiness.
- Document issues, research and contact/event tracking tool.
- Support and back-up daily, weekly and monthly resolutions deeply within the departmental tasks.
- Promote and maintain positive relations with your clients.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- HS diploma required
- 5+ banking operations/customer service experience required
- You are able to work from 7am - 5pm pacific time, travel up to 10%, work extended hours as needed and participate in the 24/7 afterhours on call rotation schedule by carrying departmental pager.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Proven e-payments processing and/or banking customer service and/or back office knowledge, and accounting/reconciling skills strongly preferred.
- Previous experience supporting Visa, MasterCard or debit networks strongly preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision independently and within a team environment, strong customer service skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills preferred.
- Strong, professional written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle various tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrable experience taking initiative and solid attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency with strong MS-Office Suite experience (particularly with Outlook, Word, and Excel; Access knowledge preferred) and the ability to quickly learn proprietary tools and applications.
Who we are:
The Card Services business at Fiserv provides complete debit, credit, and ATM payment services to financial institutions as well as Accel®, a premier payments network. Our products, services and strategies allow our clients to maximize revenue, increase customer acquisition, improve retention, reduce expense, minimize risk and increase share of wallet.
Fiserv is an equal opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More