We are seeking self-motivated, collaborative, intellectually curious professionals with a strong work ethic to join our team. Our "grow from within" philosophy will prepare you for your next career move within Fiserv. Our Finance department has a tremendous success record and is high profile, interfacing and influencing at the highest levels. You must have influential communication skills with an ability to efficiently communicate the finance story. Our Finance leaders constantly guide our business to increase profitability. Requirements for consideration may include; a Finance or Accounting related degree, Finance/Accounting experience, highly effective data analysis skills, modeling experience is a plus with high proficiency in Excel.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for an Accounting & Finance career at Fiserv.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
- Detail Oriented
Department: Global Strategic Sourcing
Reporting to: Vice President – International Sourcing
Location: UK, Ireland or Poland
Fiserv’s General Services organisation, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients’ success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The General Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our General Services associates bring the domain expertise that helps Fiserv retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build Fiserv brand equity.
Why Join Global Strategic Sourcing?
The Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) Team comprises of over 100 professional sourcing associates who manages a global spend of over $4 billion across several categories such as IT, professional services, corporate services, etc.
GSS operates within an ever changing global market affected by labour and material cost changes with several markets facing significant currency fluctuations.
GSS is looking for a person who can bring new ideas and thinking to the team and who can grow with the team and the global organisation.
GSS is responsible for the sourcing of all goods/ services across all global entities and businesses of Fiserv. Fiserv has a responsibility to its clients, investors, and associates to execute compliant and effective sourcing processes enabled by data and digital tools. The team works closely with internal stakeholders in the business units to help them select the best vendors and to get the best outcome from their services through vendor management.
- This position will have full responsibility for a commodity area or areas as a category manager with a remit on Software sourcing.
- This position will be managing the commercial and contractual aspects of all Software licensing (licensing, SaaS, Cloud, Digital, resale), licensing metrics, support and maintenance, with a specific focus on license terms, volumes (demand), license types.
- The successful individual will be expected to lead teams of key cross-functional stakeholders through structured strategic sourcing processes to develop superior commercial relationships with a wide range of vendors. The individual will collaborate with colleagues across the enterprise on business, legal, financial, technical, performance, and security requirements.
- Establish effective relationships with supported business units (including engaging the business units on their strategies and resulting needs for third party goods and services and maintain effective relationships with key internal customers and support organisations).
- Set and achieve clear goals for cost savings, value creation, and supplier performance in context of business unit operating plans.
- Develop and execute strategic sourcing plans for assigned commodities and services (including using relevant category expertise to develop strategies).
- Conduct market analysis to develop supply market strategies, utilise deep understanding of industry, supplier dynamics, and market trends to determine sources of leverage, ensure optimal global spend leverage across business units and geographies.
- Support any new business activities within business units by identifying appropriate sources and executing strong supplier agreements.
- Drive and conduct sourcing processes (including leading cross functional teams through the process to ensure sourcing decision is consistent with overall business unit strategy).
- Define and conduct RFx activities, create and model Total Cost of Ownership for categories and sourcing decisions and drive vendor selection).
- Lead supplier negotiations and selection (including understanding contractual and business frameworks, develop and execute negotiating strategies, evaluate suppliers, and define and obtain approval for business cases).
- Maintain ongoing awareness of and influence on supplier performance in assigned categories, participate in scorecard development and quarterly business reviews for high value suppliers, and participate in problem resolution/ escalation arising from performance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Supply Chain, Business, finance, engineering). MBA preferred.
- Extensive career in strategic sourcing, procurement or related field (Supply Chain, P2P).
- A self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership and working without high levels of oversight from the line manager.
- Strong Software contracts experience (must have a sound understanding of contract law and comfortable negotiating key terms, with limited legal input).
- Proven ability to build and execute effective sourcing strategies and plans in a multinational firm environment.
- Strong practical knowledge of ARIBA (or equivalent) and working in similar P2P processes.
- Solid business financial understanding and commercial acumen.
- Extensive experience in drafting and negotiating MSAs, SOWs and order forms.
- Experience assigning and coordinating work of cross-functional team members to accomplish project goals.
- Proven success of utilising existing sourcing practices including RFx to drive down costs and increase value.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- The ability to demonstrate influencing skills and confidence to challenge at all levels.
- Self-motivation to overcome challenges and demonstrate a positive approach in the face of difficulty.
- Capable of performing under pressure with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
- Positive relationship building skills and ability to work with multiple partners at different levels across the organisation.
- High ethical standards, self-motivated and goal oriented, comfortable working in a matrixed environment across several time zones.
- Accomplished negotiation skills under different commercial complexity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of contract law; working knowledge of financial concepts and analysis.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required.
- Demonstrate commitment to Fiserv’s code of conduct and values:
- Earn client trust every day.
- Create with Purpose.
- Inspire and achieve excellence.
- Do the right thing.
- Deliver on the promise of one Fiserv.
- Measurement of Effectiveness.
- Supplier Evaluation.
- Contract Management.
- Legal-Contracts Review.
- Knowledge of a Specific Procurement System.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
- We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
- We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
- Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
- You are looking for opportunities for growth and development throughout your career. We are looking for the best and the brightest to join our global team of professionals. At Fiserv you will find an environment where leadership, innovation and collaboration are valued.
In order to protect our Fiserv community, Fiserv requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Fiserv complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.