We are seeking self-motivated, collaborative, intellectually curious professionals with a strong work ethic to join our team. Our "grow from within" philosophy will prepare you for your next career move within Fiserv. Our Finance department has a tremendous success record and is high profile, interfacing and influencing at the highest levels. You must have influential communication skills with an ability to efficiently communicate the finance story. Our Finance leaders constantly guide our business to increase profitability. Requirements for consideration may include; a Finance or Accounting related degree, Finance/Accounting experience, highly effective data analysis skills, modeling experience is a plus with high proficiency in Excel.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for an Accounting & Finance career at Fiserv.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
- Detail Oriented
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. Our aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. Our Purpose is to deliver superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do.
Our core values are to earn client trust every day, create with purpose, inspire and achieve excellence, do the right thing and deliver on the promise of one Fiserv. It’s these values that create a foundation for us to be able make the right decisions and deliver on our commitments to our client’s and one another other.
Job Title: Senior Tax Analyst EMEA
Location: Basildon, Essex (Janus House) Hybrid working available
The Senior Tax Analyst, EMEA will be responsible for the preparation of EU VAT returns for the Fiserv German and Austrian entities. You will join a global in-house tax team and there may be the opportunity to take on responsibility for VAT compliance for other EU entities over time. You will report to the Tax Director, EMEA based in the UK.
- Preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales lists, Intrastat returns for Fiserv’s German and Austrian entities
- Ensuring that VAT returns and payments are submitted on an accurate and timely basis
- Preparation of annual adjustment calculations
- Preparation of monthly VAT reconciliations, ensuring full reconciliation to the general ledger
- Preparation of monthly turnover reconciliations, ensuring full reconciliation of turnover between the VAT and the financial statements
- Preparation of other VAT related reports as required
- Work closely with the local German accounting team on all VAT related matters
- Assist in the review of and implementation of VAT processes to increase efficiency
- Assist EMEA tax team with ad hoc tax returns due across EMEA as well as providing support on VAT/ tax planning projects
- Provide support on tax audits
Qualifications for Consideration:
- Experience in a similar role in VAT in an accounting practice and/or industry role
- Full / Part qualified accountant essential– ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Experience of financial services VAT and partial exemption calculations
- Good understanding of accounting and its implications on VAT
- Strong analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrate commitment to Fiserv’s code of conduct and values: Earn client trust every day, Create with Purpose, Inspire and achieve excellence, Do the right thing, Deliver on the promise of one Fiserv
What we can offer you
- Pension contribution of up 7.5%
- Health and Wellness Resource platform access for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and adoption leave
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with length of tenure
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career development, training and professional qualification opportunities – we want to provide you with the tools to succeed and grow in your role
Well-being at Fiserv
Our associates are the most important part of our business. To solve complex business challenges and create differentiated value for Fiserv clients, it's important that our associates are able to give their best at work every day. This means feeling great in all aspects of their lives, as it relates to physical, financial, emotional and social well-being.
At Fiserv, our culture starts with our people. Want to learn what associates from across the company do or what it's like to work at Fiserv? Get to know us.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Fiserv actively supports and encourages diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability'
Want to find out more? Click here to learn more about how we cultivate a diverse and respectful workplace.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.