You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. Our aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. Our purpose is to deliver superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do.
Our core values are to earn client trust every day, create with purpose, inspire and achieve excellence, do the right thing and deliver on the promise of one Fiserv. It's these values that create a foundation for us to be able make the right decisions and deliver on our commitments to our client’s and each other
Your role and what you will do
You will be part of the Fiserv EMEA legal team, based in Bad Homburg near Frankfurt (Germany), Dublin (Ireland) or Basildon (UK). The EMEA legal team works closely with various business leaders and executives across the region and the globe. Reporting to Head of Legal, EMEA, you will be a "Staff Counsel" and supporting a variety of business activities, including:
- Providing prompt, effective and commercial legal support to our sourcing team in Europe and other regions, with agreements with national and international hardware, software and developer service providers and HR and other vendors, including for outsourced and critical services;
- Developing precedents and streamlining processes to help improve efficiency of legal support to the sourcing team;
- Supporting our financial institution businesses, our regulated merchant businesses, and our acquirer and issuer processing services businesses across EMEA, with clients ranging from global brands and financial institutions to local SMEs;
- Supporting responses to RFPs and RFIs; and
- Managing external legal support where required.
- You will also have the opportunity to work with other Fiserv functions and business units across the globe.
You will be required to travel to our offices and meetings at other locations across the region (and occasionally elsewhere) as needed.
What we're looking for
- Fully qualified lawyer in the Germany, Ireland or the UK
- Has experience in an in-house or law firm environment with a focus on commercial contract review and drafting.
- Relevant in-house experience in payments, financial services and/or the IT industry would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective business counselling and negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating a broad range of English language commercial contracts.
- Ability and willingness to spot issues and problems, take initiative, find solutions, make recommendations, organise internal coordination, bring about decisions and implement change.
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of a team and to build strong working relationships with other business units including senior management.
- Ability to handle multiple agreements, organise own workload, set priorities effectively and work independently and under tight timelines.
- Ability to operate with a high level of autonomy where required.
- A willingness to learn about other areas of law and work across business activities.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English. German language skills would be advantageous but are not a requirement.
What we can offer you
- Pension contribution of up 7.5%
- Health and Wellness Resource platform access for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and adoption leave
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with length of tenure
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career development, training, and professional qualification opportunities – we want to provide you with the tools to succeed and grow in your role
Well-being at Fiserv
Our associates are the most important part of our business. To solve complex business challenges and create differentiated value for Fiserv clients, it's important that our associates are able to give their best at work every day. This means feeling great in all aspects of their lives, as it relates to physical, financial, emotional, and social well-being.
At Fiserv, our culture starts with our people. Want to learn what associates from across the company do or what it's like to work at Fiserv? Get to know us.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Fiserv actively supports and encourages diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability'
Want to find out more? Click here to learn more about how we cultivate a diverse and respectful workplace.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Unique Suite of Solutions
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.