You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FiservProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv.
Calling all innovators – find your future at Fiserv.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments, and we move money and information in a way that moves the world. We connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants, and consumers to one another millions of times a day – quickly, reliably, and securely. Any time you swipe your credit card, pay through a mobile app, or withdraw money from the bank, we’re involved. If you want to make an impact on a global scale, come make a difference at Fiserv.
Job TitleManaging Counsel
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. Our aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. Our Purpose is to deliver superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do.
Our core values are to earn client trust every day, create with purpose, inspire and achieve excellence, do the right thing and deliver on the promise of one Fiserv. It’s these values that create a foundation for us to be able make the right decisions and deliver on our commitments to our client’s and one another other.
Your role and what you will do
You will be part of the Fiserv EMEA legal team, based in Dublin (Ireland) or Basildon (UK). The EMEA legal team works closely with various business leaders and executives across the region and the globe. Reporting to Head of Legal, EMEA, you will be a "Managing Counsel" and supporting a variety of business activities, including:
- Supporting our financial institution businesses, with clients including global banks and financial institutions across EMEA, with advice and agreements, including for digital banking, processing and payments solutions.
- Supporting our regulated merchant businesses and our acquirer and issuer processing services businesses across EMEA, with clients ranging from global brands and financial institutions to local SMEs, with advice and agreements, including for omnichannel commerce, billing, processing, payments and device solutions.
- Formulating commercial and innovative advice for Fiserv in the areas of payment services regulation, corporate governance and intellectual property.
- Supporting M&A activity.
- Developing precedents and streamlining processes to help improve efficiency of legal support; and
- Managing external legal support where required.
- You will also work with other Fiserv functions and business units across the globe.
You will be required to travel to our offices and meetings at other locations across the region (and occasionally elsewhere) as needed.
What we're looking for
- Fully qualified lawyer in Ireland or the UK.
- Experience in an in-house or law firm environment with a focus on commercial contract review and drafting.
- Relevant in-house experience/secondment in payments, financial services and/or the IT industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective business counselling and negotiation skills.
- Ability and willingness to spot issues and problems, take initiative, find solutions, make recommendations, organise internal coordination, bring about decisions and implement change.
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of a team and to build strong working relationships with other business units including senior management.
- Ability to handle multiple agreements, organise own workload, set priorities effectively and work independently and under tight timelines.
- Ability to operate with a high level of autonomy where required.
- A willingness to learn about other areas of law and work across business activities.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English.
What we can offer you
- Pension contribution of up 7.5%
- Health and Wellness Resource platform access for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and adoption leave
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with length of tenure
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career development, training and professional qualification opportunities – we want to provide you with the tools to succeed and grow in your role
Well-being at Fiserv
Our associates are the most important part of our business. To solve complex business challenges and create differentiated value for Fiserv clients, it's important that our associates are able to give their best at work every day. This means feeling great in all aspects of their lives, as it relates to physical, financial, emotional and social well-being.
At Fiserv, our culture starts with our people. Want to learn what associates from across the company do or what it's like to work at Fiserv? Get to know us.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Fiserv actively supports and encourages diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability'
Want to find out more? Click here to learn more about how we cultivate a diverse and respectful workplace.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
What you should know about us:
Fiserv is a global fintech leader with 40,000-plus (and growing) associates proudly serving clients in more than 100 countries. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and a top scorer on Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Warning about fake job posts:
Please be aware of fraudulent job postings that are not affiliated with Fiserv. Fraudulent job postings may be used by cyber criminals to target your personally identifiable information and/or to steal money or financial information.
Any communications from a Fiserv representative will come from a legitimate business email address. We will not hire through text message, social media, or email alone, and any interviews will be conducted in person or through a secure video call. We won’t ask you for sensitive information nor will we ask you to pay anything during the hiring process. We also won’t send you a check to cash on Fiserv’s behalf.
If you see suspicious activity or believe that you have been the victim of a job posting scam, you should report it to your local law enforcement.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Unique Suite of Solutions
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.