You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. Our aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. Our Purpose is to deliver superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do.
Our core values are to earn client trust every day, create with purpose, inspire and achieve excellence, do the right thing and deliver on the promise of one Fiserv. It’s these values that create a foundation for us to be able make the right decisions and deliver on our commitments to our client’s and one another other.
What does a great Credit Risk Underwriter do?
- Reviews applications for credit/debit card processing facilities from new and existing businesses customers (merchants).
- Applies a broad knowledge of credit risk principles; financial risk assessment, sector knowledge, and exposure calculation methods, to arrive at sound underwriting decisions.
- Uses analytical and creative problem-solving skills to investigate new business cases, understand business models and proposed transaction flows to calculate the risk to Fiserv, and how best to structure a risk mitigation proposal to support a deal.
- Robustly applies the criteria set down in Credit Risk Policy to each assessment and seeks wavier for any deals which may warrant exceptional approval.
- Works to established turnaround times (significantly within SLA), takes a methodical approach to task load, and priorities according to volumes, case complexity and client priority.
- Educates sales staff about credit and fraud risk.
- Participates in projects as a Credit Risk representative in respect of new systems, enhancements to existing system functionality and conversion of new portfolios.
- Highlight and escalate potential system or procedural issues to the appropriate level.
- A successful underwriter must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, be adaptable to pick up additional tasks when required and likewise know when to ask for assistance, and have a give/take approach to enable the team to achieve its targets.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Underwriting or credit analysis/portfolio management experience or equivalent is required.
- Degree in related field or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of personal credit report, business financial statements. Knowledge of the chargeback process will be helpful.
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, decision making and multi-tasking skills are essential.
- Interacting effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors as well as customers.
- Good written & oral communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Card Scheme rules & regulation is preferable.
- Able to gather information, interpret the information and make a sound decision quickly.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Prior knowledge of Risk Management in the Acquiring industry is preferred.
- Previous experience in the Financial Services industry preferably card acquiring.
- Demonstrate commitment to Fiserv’s code of conduct and values:
- Earn client trust every day
- Create with Purpose
- Inspire and achieve excellence
- Do the right thing
- Deliver on the promise of one Fiserv
Well-being at Fiserv
Our associates are the most important part of our business. To solve complex business challenges and create differentiated value for Fiserv clients, it's important that our associates are able to give their best at work every day. This means feeling great in all aspects of their lives, as it relates to physical, financial, emotional and social well-being.
At Fiserv, our culture starts with our people. Want to learn what associates from across the company do or what it's like to work at Fiserv? Get to know us.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Fiserv actively supports and encourages diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability'
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.