You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Network Engineering, Sr Professional do?
The Sr Professional, Network Engineering is responsible for network design related to products and services for Fiserv customers as part of a team. This includes the physical and logical design of the network components in a multi-tenant data centers. These components include (but are not limited to) heavy IP design, Cisco switching, Cisco routing, F5 load-balancing and route selection systems as well as establishing network fail-over capabilities between components. This includes both in-house and telecommunication provided capabilities. Knowledgeable with NAT schemes is a must. The engineer must provide detailed schematics of their design and work with other engineers to provide an overall topology.
As aNetwork Engineering, Sr Professional, you will:
- Be responsible for participating in technology decisions along with Senior Engineers as they relate to the overall network architecture and associated technologies. This includes (but is not limited to) the IP design & possibly creating schemes to resolve IP & route conflicts, switching, routing protocols, load-balancing and route selection technologies that may include VRF and policy-based routing, policy-based load-balancing, etc.
- Work with other teams such as system architects, system administrators and hardware support groups.
- Be responsible for making solid design recommendations on subjects that include redundancy, diversity, failover technologies and expandability as it relates to the network architecture, as well as providing direction and recommendations concerning touchpoints. This may also include establishing test criteria and validating the technology and/or product. Once technology selections have been made, the engineer is responsible to testing, deployment as well as training operations personnel as part of a turn-over.
- Properly document all designs, technology selections, etc. with help from a technical writer.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- The candidate must have extensive experience with IP designs, in a multi-tenant and multi-data center environment with fail-over & high available capabilities.
- He/She must have solid experience with IP designs, NAT, IP routing protocols (EIGRP & BGP), Cisco products, Cisco IOS and similar operating systems.
- The candidate must have 3-5 years’ experience with server load-balancing systems including F5 LTM/GTM.
- Experience with the Cisco Catalyst switch line of products.
- Experience with the Cisco Nexus switching products.
- Experience with the ARISTA products.
- Experience with network automation technologies.
- Experience with designing high-available networks, including both system and component level redundancy and the associated technologies to accomplish HA.
- Experience with layer 2 technologies.
- Experience with establishing vendor and/or service selection criteria to make product and other technology related selections and document the entire process as well as present the selection to a committee of peers.
- Experience with technology or feature testing in a lab and other environments.
- Experience working in a structured environment that requires change control processes in accordance with company policies, for execution of implementations and changes to the network environment, as it relates to the installation of the data center network.
- Experience with creating, updating and coordinating the implementation plan for all network related items.
- Experience providing connectivity to systems from one data center to another, involving IP design, NAT scheme, routing scheme and overall architecture.
- Experience with data center networking in a virtualized server environment (VMWare) is a plus.
PreferredQualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering/related field or equivalent work experience
- Scripting – Bash or Python preferred
- Experience in managing a multi-tenant data center environment.
- Experience using MS Visio to document network designs.
- Experience with networking virtualized server systems in a large data center environment is a plus.
- Passion to stay current with industry standards, new technologies and best practices through attending extensive training and performing research.
- Ability to document designs and test plans a plus.
- Minimum 5-6 years’ experience in support of a complex mission critical facility and the associated team.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), F5
- Networks certifications are a plus.
- The position will require a small percentage of travel. Some work by the team is required to be performed during our established Sunday or daily early morning maintenance windows.
- Note: Permanent positions will require some occasional on-call support after hours and on weekends.
Travel required: 5-10%
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.