Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a Principal Android Engineer do?
As a Principal Android Engineer, you will be a part of a small but growing team of hardworking people responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of cutting edge back-of-house web applications, point-of-sale APIs, and Android client applications in a fast-paced result-oriented environment. A Principal Android Engineer merges wisdom in the field of Android development with a teaching mindset and an understanding of the constraints and needs of the business to elevate the quality of the output of the entire team over time. They lead by example, prioritize quality, and define the long-term architecture for the full suite of Android applications.
As a Principal Android Engineer, you can look forward to:
• Collaborating with other engineers and leaders throughout the business to define and maintain an engineering roadmap for our organization
• Collaborating with other engineers and leaders throughout the business to define metrics and KPIs for our engineering organization that measure the business-relevant aspects of product health, performance, and and utilization
• Collaborating with other engineers and leaders throughout the business to develop and maintain dashboards that communicate system performance against our metrics and KPIs
• Collaborating with other engineers and leaders throughout the business to create system documentation for current and future states of the system
• Leading training sessions that promote an understanding of our system architecture and data model
• Providing mentorship to other engineers of all disciplines
• Collaborating with other engineers throughout the business to set standards for software design and engineering best practices
• Reviewing and approving peer code and architectural designs.
• Working with senior management to define and implement technical processes and procedures within the organization focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency.
• Promoting tests and automation to advance maturity in product testing.
• Being a team player with the ability to share their ideas and respectfully consider the ideas of others
• Developing enterprise Android applications and libraries
• Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Scrumban boards.
• Working directly with third party vendors to define technical requirements and customize, configure, and implement solutions to interface with various external systems.
• Being hands on with development and resolving of all technical issues within an on premise and hosted client environment.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor's degree in STEM related field
• 8+ years of programming experience
• 5+ years of designing data architectures for applications
• 3+ years of building and maintaining enterprise software applications
• 3+ years of writing unit tests on client applications
• Experience with introducing unit tests to an existing code base
• Expert understanding of client server interactions and technologies
• Expert understanding of scaling cloud based enterprise systems
• Advanced understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Extensive knowledge and experience related to Android application architecture
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline, Gradle/Kotlin DSL’s for building Android applications/libraries
• Understanding of the Fintech space
• Experience with the Clover platform
• Experience working with e-commerce, shopping cart, or payment service gateways.
• Experience with microservice based architectures.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.