Computer Operator, AssociateJob ID R-10079720 Date posted 05/19/2017 City Austin State/Region Texas Country United States
About Output Solutions at Fiserv
Output Solutions at Fiserv delivers business-critical communications to financial institutions, health and property/casualty insurance providers, billers, retailers, travel and entertainment companies and advertising agencies nationwide. With solutions including transactional document production and delivery, card manufacturing and personalization and direct marketing services, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs, while building customer loyalty and generating incremental revenue.
Hours: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday
- Able to communicate technical situations in person and by phone to non-technical people.
- Understand Windows command (DOS) prompt commands Use Windows Programs (Word/Excel/Access/etc).
- Understand network directory structures and be able to navigate them using the command prompt and Windows Explorer
- Be able to document technical processes in a ticket tracking system.
- Be able to analyze root causes of problems during program processing
- Be able to monitor systems remotely
- Maintain operations by monitoring error and stoppage messages; observing peripheral equipment; entering commands to correct errors and stoppages; adjustments in process;
- Monitor job processing on Windows servers using multiple tools, including:
- Logging in to server desktop(s) using Remote Desktop to check for errors
- Emails – “Start Processing” / “End Processing” / error / FTP server “Browser”
- Verifying data has uploaded to web using Fiserv custom web tools (Data Explorer, “cookie tools”)
- Access server file shares using Windows Explorer to check processed data (“run”) directories, unprocessed input, input with errors
- Resolve user problems by answering questions and requests in a professional and timely manner
- Learn the necessary job functions and be able to work independently after six months of on the job training
- Produce CD / DVD media from customer data using multiple tools, including:
- Logging in to server desktop(s) using Remote Desktop
- Moving / deleting previous months’ data using Windows Explorer
- Initiating / monitoring disk image creation using purpose-built apps (WinBatch EXEs)
- Monitoring CD / DVD burning on Rimage machines
- Quality Control (QC) of completed disks using automated QC (Automate 9)
- Preparing finished disks for shipment to customers
Education & Experience: 2-year college degree preferred or 3 years of Computer Operator experience
Functional Area Skills/ Knowledge: Must be able to speak, write, and read in English. Demonstrate technical analytical ability. Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and resolution skills. Must be able to work independently, be self-disciplined, prioritize multiple tasks and be accountable for the outcome. Ability to adapt and work in a continuously changing and fast paced environment.
Work Schedule: In addition to regular work schedule, must be able to work extended hours, multiple shifts, holidays, and weekends at any given time.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv.