You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv.
What does a successful Android Developer do at Fiserv?
We are looking for an Android Developer to join our growing client facing business unit supporting the delivery of a Mobile Banking solution to our large overseas banking client. You’ll be working in multidisciplinary teams where your focus will be on Mobile user interface development & enhancements of our cutting-edge mobile technology and products.
Please note - At this point in time, we are only able to consider candidates that are currently in NZ with existing work rights.
What will you do:
- Support the development of high-quality mobile Android software within a scrum team
- Take part in exciting innovative projects as well as contribute to improving code quality through maintaining and enhancing high quality software development standards
- Support technical design decisions through validation of technical approaches and prototyping of new concepts
- Support team members to ensure successful sprint outcomes
- Encourage and mentor junior team members to support them in their development
- Raising technical, security, delivery, and performance risks
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to the development practice
What you need to have:
- 4+ years' strong hands-on software development experience using Android Studio.
- 4+ years advanced understanding of software development patterns, object-oriented design principles, and coding techniques.
- 3+ years' experience with Unit Test/UI Test
- Experience and proficiency in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development methodologies such as Scrum, Waterfall, and Kanban.
- Can do attitude with a delivery focus.
What will be great to have:
- Experience in Azure DevOps is advantageous
In return you'll receive the chance to work with some of the finest talent in the financial services technology space within a flexible work environment.
Fiserv has lots of added benefits including:
- Flexible hybrid work environment (WFH + Office)
- $1,000 net per annum towards gym fees or public transport costs
- Generous leave entitlements including topped up Parental Leave and Birthday Leave
- Full life, trauma, and income continuance insurance
- Fully paid Southern Cross medical insurance for the Wellbeing 1 plan
- Subsidised gym memberships
- We’ve got open plan offices which feature pool tables, foosball and table tennis, as well as cool deck spaces complete with BBQs (and let's not forget Friday drinks)!
Corporate Social Responsibility
Unique Suite of Solutions
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.