Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great QA Engineer Advisory do?
Your responsibilities will include developing and implementing our comprehensive testing strategy for our product portfolio against delivery schedules. Responsible for monitoring every phase of the development process to ensure that the design and software adhere to company standards. You will provide technical leadership, assist less experienced QA team members, and will work closely with Product and Development teams to design and create a test automation framework to drive validation for a sophisticated software project.
On any day you could expect to work with the team to:
- Build multi-system test environments and automated test suites.
- Specify, design, implement and evolve our automated test framework to guarantee quality by preventing defects from making it to our customers.
- Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance.
- Support fully automated testing and CI/CD with hands-on experience to create and configure build pipelines.
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
- Conduct system diagnostic analysis to identify areas for continuous improvements and resolve sophisticated software issues.
- UI and Back-End/Restful API Testing.
- Isolate root causes of bugs and problem software behavior.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Coach, mentor SDETs on test development and execution efforts.
- Research, develop and/or recommend tools to assist SDETs in test creation, execution, and reporting.
- Document software defects, using JIRA as a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Experience using source control systems such as GitHub.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Excellent knowledge of SDET/QA methodology & software development processes (Agile, Scrum).
- Develop the QA testing strategy for the product, determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests, as well as the types of tests for UI, web service API, functional/performance/load/regression.
- Cloud-based services/architecture, such as AWS, PCF, PKS, GCP, etc.
- Extensive experience with various types of testing including functional, performance, compatibility, usability, reliability, security, maintainability & portability.
- Ability to prepare test data, and setup test environments is required.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent industry experience and 8+ years of professional experience as a software test engineer, and software developer.
- Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems would be helpful
- Knowledge of mobile applications, microservices, distributed systems.
- Any certifications are a plus.
Learn more about us.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.