Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Health / Medical / Vision
Standard for all associates
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Health and Wellness
Programs that help promote a positive work environment
Flex Time / Working Arrangements
Work from home full/part time, virtual opportunities & more
To encourage associate professional development
Recharge & Refuel
A time off policy that encourages you to maximize well-being
What does an outstanding Senior Java Software Developer do?
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- You will interpret design specifications for a specific segment of a particular application.
- Develop source code to perform the requirements of the application specifications.
- You will thoroughly test and debug programs using company methodology and standards to ensure accurate results and desired output.
- You will perform required maintenance documentation of software/programming activities.
- You will provide weekend coverage and on-call duties, as required.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- High School/GED Diploma.
- 5 plus years’ experience with Java and Object Oriented Programming
- Experience in all phases of software development using agile methods
- Strong foundation in OO Design and multithreaded applications
Preferred Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with wide range of Java technologies
- Experience with Linux and/or Unix operating systems
- Experience with Groovy or other dynamic JVM languages
- Experience with Spring Framework and related Spring technologies
- Experience with containerization and cloud deployment platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, and Cloud Foundry
- Experience with JDBC, SQL and Hibernate
- Experience with and enthusiasm for open-source
- Familiarity with XML and SOAP/REST web service technologies
- Familiarity with GIT Version control systems
- Familiarity with JUnit, unit testing and continuous integration best practices
- Experience with financial systems and formats (NACHA, EDI, SWIFT, BAI, etc.) a plus
Who we are:
Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with deep expertise and a dedication to innovation.
At Fiserv, you’ll find a collaborative environment that values teamwork and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and creative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We’re helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Our organization provides complementary capabilities that go well beyond web online banking with multi-channel information and transaction delivery solutions customized for individual business users. We serve as the intermediary between the company and our financial institution customers; serving as the customer advocate, guiding them through implementations and updates to our software. We design and support the highest quality online banking software available.
Learn more about Fiserv:
In a world moving faster than ever before, Fiserv helps clients deliver solutions in step with the way people live and work today – financial services at the speed of life. With 24,000 associates, we help more than 12,000 clients worldwide create and deliver solutions to enable today's consumer to move and manage money with ease, speed and convenience. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.