You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great VMware Engineer, Sr. do?
The VMware Engineer Sr. manages and provides technical direction for delivering infrastructure solutions based on virtualization technologies, primarily those from VMWare. Work with the Enterprise Portfolio Management team to ensure that each project has the appropriate amount of budget and resource allocation. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team upgrading to VXrail on an enterprise scale.
As a great VMware Engineer, Sr., you can look forward to:
- Building relationships and working closely with our internal customers, as well as occasionally with external customers, to ensure solutions are technically solid, issues are identified and resolved, and projects are delivered within budget and on-time.
- Managing and tracking the progress of multiple projects. Certain projects may require project management and administration that include project planning, maintaining and project plan, providing status reports, and budgeting and procurement.
- Resolving challenges by analyzing issues.
- Overseeing the capacity of all virtual clusters, and forecasts required infrastructure additions to ensure no negative impacts due to lack of capacity.
- Communicating the status of activities with the team, peers, management, internal and external customers.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- High School Diploma required
- Experience working and communicating with highly technical systems engineers and architects.
- Experience effectively managing multiple technology projects simultaneously.
- Ability to move projects forward, prioritize tasks and resolve project issues with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of tools: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Project.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
- VCP certification preferred, but demonstrated proficiency in VMware technologies acceptable
- Understanding of VMware virtual networking
- Understanding of SAN and vSAN shared storage concepts
- HA Clustering
- DRS, vMotion, Storage vMotion, vCenter, Update Manager
- ESXi troubleshooting
- DRAC or iLO Server hardware experience
- Capacity Planning/Performance Tuning
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Previous Infrastructure/System engineering experience in heterogeneous environments.
- Use of java based workflow engines a plus: vCO, HPOO, Bonita, jBPM
- Experience in an e-Commerce environment.
- Experience utilizing Six Sigma methodologies.
- ITIL certified.
- Degree in a Technology field, or directly relevant work history
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.