Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Test Engineer do?
Fiserv is looking to fill critical testing roles that allow us to ensure the quality of the products, technical solutions and services developed for both internal and external use to provide core payment processing services to our customers. Candidates would be contributing at both an individual level as well as a team level to achieve the organization's objectives and goals around Software Quality Assurance. Exposure to projects for the leading payment-processing provider in Financial Technology space as well as experience working with existing and emerging technologies will provide candidates with career growth and core competency development. Opportunities in the current job families will exist, as well as horizontal career opportunities.
In this role, you can look forward to:
- Maintaining various test regions and applications, working side by side with our amazing Development and Business partners and testing applications, networks and systems.
- Using your extensive training, knowledge and experience as you lead and attend project meetings, develop and execute extensive test plans and take ownership for ensuring the delivery of quality software applications. You will lead and participate in test planning and quality review sessions.
- Writing test cases/scripts, test plans and closure reports. Testing may include applications, networks and systems. Testing is functional, regression and end-to-end, formal projects and ad-hoc support.
- Participating in daily standup calls for discussion of testing status, defects and general management of the testing phase.
- Using your knowledge of application development technologies and automation tools and methodologies to improve productivity and product offerings.
- Driving continuous improvement through all processes, including but not limited to: team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
- Having your opinions heard, your knowledge respected and continuously learning new tools and techniques.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a related field (or foreign equivalent degree) or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
- 5+ years in testing
- Experience in Database - Relational Databases like SQL Server and NoSQL Databases like MongoDB.
- Experience in distributed testing, performance activities.
- Certified training and experience with Automation tools: TOSCA, Automation Frameworks, Java, Appium, Selenium
- Experienced in SDLC process, Agile and Waterfall methodologies, writing test plans, test scripts, regressions, etc.
- Experience with SoapUI, Postman, ISO messages, Paragon, jMeter, Swagger, Shell scripting, Putty, Emulator, browsers, thick clients, SQL, TOAD, MySQL, Jira
- Regression review and analysis experience
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed to support testing and client needs.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Financial services with high-volume, large-scale processing and reporting
- Knowledge of Mainframe languages and tools helpful
- Extensive knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, network) and their application to business functions/processes
- Certification testing with external entities
- Experience with Association/Network Certification, Extended Unit testing, Change Release testing and Functional Testing
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.