Systems Engineering, Intern
Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with deep expertise and a dedication to innovation.
At Fiserv, you’ll find a collaborative environment that values teamwork and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and creative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We’re helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
What does a Systems Engineer Intern do?
As an Intern here at Fiserv, you will work closely with many infrastructure teams to ensure delivery of platform-level infrastructure for new and existing application deployments. You and your team are central to deploying these services within our enterprise technology space. We are looking for a creative and versatile individual that is passionate about technology and has the ability to learn and apply insights to better our delivery processes.
- Research and documentation of existing UNIX-based systems
- Base OS and application installs via automated portals
- Basic-level UNIX-based OS & application configuration (ssl, cert, disk & volume setup)
- Scripting of BAU-type functions for UNIX-based deployments (bash, perl, python)
- Assisting other team members with inspiring change requests and change execution run books
- System hardening and patch deployments
- Change Management functions
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or equivalent.
- Experience with MS Windows server platform.
- Basic understanding of information security & networking principles as it pertains to web applications
- Strong analytical skills; able to work with technicians from various engineering and operating disciplines to build and solve system & application issues via phone support or IM
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Solid attention to detail
- Good sense of responsibility and able to follow change management process
- Ability to multitask on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More