You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) do?
The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will focus on solution design & enhancement for Fiserv applications as they are migrated between datacenters or as net-new solutions are deployed. The SRE will apply focus to new engineering and design challenges, developing a deep understanding of technical requirements and helping support definitions of application availability, scalability and disaster recovery methods. This position will work on a cross-organization, cross-functional team and will need to interface with Architecture, Application and Engineering teams through solution design and implementation:
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you can look forward to:
- Develop deep understanding of Solution Design as it is being defined including a full understanding of solution integrations, HA/scale and DR Design.
- Ability to pull deep technical requirements for both existing and new solutions.
- Focus on Application Migration between Fiserv Datacenters and net-new solution build.
- Partner with Solutions Architecture teams to help develop design & solutions for applications and services.
- Enables the adoption and implementation of cloud-based application reliability, resiliency, and observability /deployment best practices for production & non-prod environments including public cloud migration of our mission critical applications from the onprem data-centers.
- Use the core Site Reliability Engineering principles of change management, monitoring, emergency response, capacity planning, and production readiness reviews to run the platform.
- Monitor and report on service level objectives for a given applications services. Work with business and product owners to establish key performance indicators.
- Partnering with security engineers and developing plans and automation to aggressively and safely respond to new risks and vulnerabilities.
- Partner with the broader Fiserv organization to build a culture of rigorously learning from incidents.
- Unblock, support, and effectively communicate across teams to achieve results.
- Define roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 8+ years Systems Engineering (Windows or Linux), Architecture and Advisory/Consultatory Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with high level programming languages & scripting (Python, Go, Java, etc.)
- Experience designing, debugging and running fault tolerant large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience working with public cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience with creating and improving documented procedures and/or playbooks.
- Knowledge of open-source configuration, orchestration, and CI/CD tools.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, PCF and/or Docker.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Architecture and Operations.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Ability to pull business and technical requirements together to help define technical solutions.
- Experience with tools & technologies such as Prometheus, Grafana, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk and Moogsoft is a plus.
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, ECMP, TCP/IP, ICMP, the OSI Model, Subnetting and Load Balancing strategies.
- Experience working on large, cross functional teams including ability to drive/lead the collective to the desired goal.
- Experience identifying and escalating blockers, technical challenges and constraints on active delivery projects.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.