You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
Senior Proposal Manager
We are seeking self-motivated, collaborative, creative/strategic thinkers and intellectually curious professionals with a strong work ethic to join our team. Our proposal management department is a revenue generator with a tremendous success record with existing and new clients. We interface and collaborate at all levels of the organization, including c-suite members as RFx is embedded in the Fiserv culture. As an influential key contributor on the team, you will partner with sales and cross-functional subject matter experts (SMEs) to expand Fiserv market share through the execution of solutions-based, value-driven proposal responses to set of questions deemed as RFXs (for example, RFI, RFP, RFQ/RFT, Questionnaires and more).
What does a great Senior Proposal Manager do?
As a Senior Proposal Manager, your clients will consist of merchants, financial institutions and government entities. You will collaborate/interface with the deal team, including sales, proposal personnel, SMEs and executive leadership to complete different types of RFXs. You will collaborate/interface with the deal team, including sales, proposal personnel, SMEs and executive leadership to complete different types of RFXs. You must have exceptional proposal management skills in both project management and writing. You must possess strong leadership skills and have more than five years of hands-on experience within a fast-paced proposal center environment.
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to content development, curation and editorial review of proposal-specific responses, including tailoring executive summaries, cover letters and other proposal-specific responses for the overall proposal submission. You must possess or quickly gain an intermediary knowledge and understanding of the Fiserv products, platforms and solutions (for example, Merchant Processing, Prepaid Solutions (Closed and Open Loop), ACH, Digital Commerce, Bill Payment Solution and Output Solution) to effectively lead the deal team in drafting targeted client-centric submissions that bolster our strengths across the payment processing ecosystem. In addition, you will manage ad hoc independent assignments such as updating existing content database information and maintaining a consistent brand through the creation and use of templates, presentation materials, graphics and supporting tools. This is a fast-paced environment with many competing proposals in process; so, you must be able to work independently and collaboratively from the outset.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide overall management and direction of the proposal process, ensuring all defined timeframes are met
• Provide strategy and management for overall RFx response content and messaging based on client objectives
• Ensure proposal responses are compliant and in accordance with client specifications and Fiserv standards, and ensure quality control throughout the proposal process under tight deadlines
• Work with sales and SMEs to address client RFx requirements
• Develop and ensure the RFx-specific messaging and win themes are in line with the overall brand voice and language that is appropriate to the given opportunity and audience
• Ensure the Fiserv messaging/themes/value propositions positioned for the deal are reflected in the proposal
• Produce compelling drafts adhering to client pain points and requirements
• Ensure the solution fits and in accordance with the requirements and the identified client-specific benefits are unique to the business value offering
Education and Job-Related Qualifications:
• Intermediary-to-Expert knowledge in Merchant Processing, Prepaid Solutions (Closed and Open Loop), ACH, Digital Commerce, Bill Payment Solution and Output Solution (Transactional Print, Instant Print, Card Production, etc.) within the financial services/Fintech industry
• Bachelor’s degree in in Marketing, English, Communications, Journalism, Mass Media or a related field
• Minimum five years’ experience in a financial services/payment processing (or similar field) fast-paced proposal environment responding to merchant, financial institutions and government and RFXs
• Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) Certification a plus
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Product knowledge in Merchant Processing, Prepaid Solutions (Closed and Open Loop), ACH, Digital Commerce, Bill Payment Solution and Output Solution (Transactional Print, Instant Print, Card Production, etc.) preferred
• Strong proposal writing experience in a fast-paced, high volume environment is critical; excellent verbal and written communication skills – writing original content and editing are essential functions of the job
• Ability to understand and articulate client’s business requirements and develop the corresponding proposal design
• Ability to use standard English writing styles to write proposal sections, including information research and synthesis from multiple sources (subject matter experts, previous proposals) into a cohesive, easy-to-read and persuasive final product
• Exemplary organizational skills, including accuracy and timeliness with the ability to work well under pressure managing multiple activities and meeting established goals in a deadline-driven environment
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with overlapping deadlines and short lead times and maintain a high level of attention to detail, and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and follow through
• Ability to interact and build relationships with various levels within the organization; ability to work irregular schedule and necessary hours to meet required deadlines; must be able to work independently
• Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Conceptual and visual creative skills and strong content planning, strategy development and management abilities
• Extensive working knowledge of document production using Microsoft Office products (for example, Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Professional, Visio and so on)
• Salesforce.com and SharePoint experience
• Proficient in Shipley processes and standards and Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) Certification a plus
• Proficient with RFPIO or similar proposal automation software tools
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.