About the Role: We are seeking a self-motivated, collaborative, intellectually curious accounting professional with a strong work ethic to join our Operational Accounting team. Areas of responsibility include posting journal entries, revenue recognition, analyses for assigned product lines, general accounting, and preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations. This position requires the ability to analyze legal contracts, determine appropriate revenue recognition treatment, and manage required accounting functions in a SAP environment.
The position is located in Alpharetta, Georgia. Our Alpharetta home reflects our brand and aspiration – an innovative financial services technology provider that is in step with the way people live and work today. This campus is a place where our associates can work and workout, engage and get away, collaborate and work independently.
With Fiserv, you can grow professionally and personally in an environment where intelligence, innovation, and leadership are valued and rewarded. Fiserv holds true to two essential principles: the client comes first, and people make the difference. Fiserv invites you to join us in building on those principles to lead our clients and our company to success.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Working closely with the Accounting Manager to ensure compliance with GAAP and Fiserv Corporate Policy. Maintain SOX compliance and assist in audit preparation, both internal and external. Preparing and posting of journal entries in SAP across a broad area of balance sheet and income statement accounts. Preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations on designated accounts. Ability to read and understand complex contracts. Ensure proper recording of revenue in SAP based on contract terms and the appropriate treatment under technical guidance. Performance of trend analyses of revenue and ability to research variances noted. Working closely with associates in other departments to ensure timely and accurate completion of all tasks. Participate in process improvement initiatives. Performs other duties as required
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent business degree required
- Certified Public Accountant a plus
Job Related Experience:
- Three years plus of experience working with general accounting and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory.
- Basic level knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- SAP experience a significant plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and willingness to research and resolve accounting application issues;
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills a must;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables;
- Great attention to detail;
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external customers.
Less than 10% travel required
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More