You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a successful Project Manager do?
The purpose of the Project Manager’s job is to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. The Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor larger scale scope and budget projects with a high degree of complexity and risk. The Project Manager will partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects can span multiple business units or functional areas.
- Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
- Provide a holistic view of the overall project to the organization and all stakeholders
- Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.)
- Define project governance, outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
- Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project
- Proactively communicate the project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
- Facilitate alignment and approach for all related Fiserv business areas to meet One Fiserv Objectives.
- Knowledgeable about how the organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network. Understands the culture of organizations.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor degree in business or equivalent major
- 4+ years of previous project management and/or relevant consulting experience
- Demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycles
- Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired
- Experience in driving large scale change efforts
- Experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred, not required
- Familiarity with Project Management tools
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with key stakeholders/customers across Fiserv to maximize program effectiveness and influence
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.