You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Production Support Engineer II do?
The Production Support Engineer II will be responsible for troubleshooting and restoring service to application services. You will also create Incident Response reports for all major incidents and help to communicate process improvements.
- Monitors dashboards and alerts and responds according to alerts as necessary.
- Researches incidents for clients and identifies root cause and works with other teams for resolution.
- Responsible for incident escalation and establishing team meetings to bring resolution to high priority incidents.
- Works with development, DBA, and other engineers to identify problems and bring them to resolution.
- Creates reports, dashboards, and alerts as necessary to ensure that incidents are identified and resolved within SLA.
- Helps create, validate, and approve Operational runbooks and other required documentation for all clients and systems.
- Works with Product, Project, and Delivery teams to ensure successful deployments of new code to lower environments and Production.
- Trouble –shoots and restores service to multiple applications, Networks and systems using industry accepted techniques and procedures.
- May design, code, benchmark test, debug and document programs.
- Performs impact analysis to output data processing based on user and client requirements.
- Analyzes documentation supporting changes in a complex production environment.
- Will communicate status of operations to allow for immediate response to service disruptions.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Associates Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in Application Support / Operation monitoring.
- Experience in Linux / UNIX command line
- Experience in create alerts and dashboards utilizing different application monitoring tools.
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Splunk, App Dynamics.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study
- Experience with WaveFront, AWS Cloud monitoring, and Grafana a plus.
- Experience with writing Oracle SQL queries a plus.
- Experience documenting application Runbooks and system guides is a plus.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Service Management tools.
Who We Are: Fiserv’s Universal Commerce (uCom) enables commerce to follow consumers across omni-channel devices, including mobile phones, connected cars, and IoT devices. By providing connectivity to otherwise disparate merchants – such as automakers and gas stations, or restaurants and sports venues – uCom effectively bridges the gap between digital and brick-and-mortar commerce, powering a frictionless consumer experience while allowing businesses to maximize their footprint in the digital world.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.