You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Oracle Database Administrator, Staff do?
You will primarily maintain client-facing and internal Oracle databases. Your responsibilities will include monitoring, maintaining backups, performance tuning and capacity planning. Additional responsibilities may include supporting disaster recovery, patching and sharing an on-call rotation. You will also troubleshoot and research outages and work with application developers to determine problem root cause analysis. This role maintains state-of-the-art technology in accordance with industry best practices. Databases are at the heart of our business and you’ll be part of a high speed, exciting support team counted on to support our crucial customer facing products.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- High School/GED Diploma
- Strong knowledge of Oracle database management and how to tune it in a highly specialized operational environment.
- Shell scripting and experience with Oracle PL-SQL.
- Experience with backup processes & procedures, RMAN, DDBOOST and standby databases.
- At least 5+ years’ experience working as an Oracle DBA in an Enterprise environment.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills.
- Ability to review, troubleshoot and alter scripts as needed.
- The ability to document standard operational procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with database capacity planning.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Experience with Oracle RAC, Grid and standalone systems.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Oracle certification is desirable but not mandatory.
- Scripting and automation experience strongly preferred.
- A working knowledge of operating system storage, for example raw devices and file groups.
- A working knowledge of engineered systems, Oracle Data Appliances (ODA) and Exadata systems is not required but would be a strong plus.
- Working experience with Oracle Golden Gate.
- Good project management skills.
Travel required: Minimal travel, perhaps once or twice a year to attend training or meetings.
Who We Are: Fiserv Technology Services (FTS) is a fast-paced organization dedicated to supporting Fiserv and our customers. As part of this team you’d be on the front lines for many crucial customer-facing applications. Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ:FISV) enables clients worldwide to create and deliver financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. For more than 30 years, Fiserv has been a trusted leader in financial services technology, helping clients achieve best-in-class results by driving quality and innovation in payments, processing services, risk and compliance, customer and channel management, and insights and optimization. Fiserv is a member of the FORTUNE 500 and has been named to the FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies® for four consecutive years.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.