Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Success Profile Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Fiserv Industry Awards & Recognition
Learn about the exciting kudos we receive for providing our customers with industry leading solutions, our associates with an outstanding culture, and the marketplace with a brand to envy.Learn More
Fiserv is a FORTUNE 500 company with a start-up feel. Learn about the benefits building products in a culture that values an entrepreneurial spirit and supports you with real resources.Watch Video
Benefits & Well-Being
Health / Medical / Vision
Standard for all associates
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Health and Wellness
Programs that help promote a positive work environment
Flex Time / Working Arrangements
Work from home full/part time, virtual opportunities & more
To encourage associate professional development
Recharge & Refuel
A time off policy that encourages you to maximize well-being
The Operations Automation Engineer will support Operation teams in developing scripts, programs, and other custom software to automate incident remediation and support operational activities. It will be important to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical associates, and be able to document a complete and comprehensive work product. The successful candidate should not be wed to one technology stack or company, but instead understand Microsoft and Open Source technologies. This role requires an individual who is logical, hungry to learn, tenacious at problem solving, and understands the operations motto of “do no harm” coupled with an insatiable desire to do more faster and better than the work completed the day before.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with our Operations teams to automate and streamline our operations and processes and build and maintain tools for monitoring. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues in our dev, test and production environments.
What does a great Operations Automation Engineer do?
- Develop dashboards/playbooks, triggers and alerts in the ExtraHop platform consuming custom and standard metrics.
- Develop queries, dashboards and alerts in SPLUNK and/or other data aggregation or visualization environments.
- Design and develop automated operations
- Performs unit testing and follows process for production code promotion.
- Sets and follows coding standards as well as best practices.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Documents scripts and work product.
- Reviews specifications and provides time estimates on the development of projects and features.
- Ability to break-down complex tasks into smaller sub-components.
- As a subject matter expert, share knowledge and understanding with others in the command center.
- Participation in a rotating 24x7 operations and on-call support model.
- Adherence to PCI and other industry standard security requirements.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong background in one or more of the following: Linux/Unix/Windows Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science required
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Provide presentations of architectural and functional designs to management.
- Understands network concepts and components such as load balancers, routers and switches.
- Understands Infrastructure diagrams and multi-tier applications.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in teams and matrixed organization with ability to influence others.
- Logical, quick thinker with excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority.
- Aptitude to learn fast and adapt to new processes.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.