Manager, User Experience Design
What does a great Manager, User Experience Design do?
You will lead our team of hardworking user experience design and content teams as well as our external agency relationships. You will build our UX approach, roadmaps, define best practices, and standards for all UX disciplines in accordance with Fiserv standards. In addition to UX innovation and strategy you will be responsible for delivering UX related work through our Agile SDLC on time and within budget. You will be a tireless advocate for the end users, distills complex problems into straight forward solutions, loves to collaborate, be a transformative leader with vision for Product and Technology stakeholders, and has the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment focused on results.
- Lead the vision, strategy, and execution of the user experience. Own the user experience function end-to-end.
- Make our user experience stand out in the market with exception interaction, visual, and content design to ensure it a key driver of our company’s market position and success.
- Be a thought leader with ability to influence Product and Technology roadmaps to result in the best user experience in the market
- Define and champion the design methodologies and processes that will be used in the design and development lifecycle through the agile framework.
- Grow, mentor, build a high performing team of skilled user experience professionals. Promote overall competence in design research, innovation, and strategy to include creating opportunities for the team to grow and expand their own skills and portfolios.
- Manage external agency partners to augment staff and drive diversity of design thinking
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- 3+ years of experience in UX, Visual Design and user research.
- 3+ years of experience leading UX teams or agency creative teams.
- 2+ years of experience leading direct reports.
- Strong design experience with consumer facing products.
- Experience working with cloud software products, driving design from planning to release over multiple releases.
- Experience designing for a broad set of UI platforms including web and mobile.
- Strong knowledge of HTLM v5 and CSS3.
- Strong responsive design experience with demonstrated work product examples.
- Expertise across all aspects of user experience, including UX strategy, interaction design, user research/assessment, prototyping, visual design, and user adoption.
- Implemented user-centric UX best practices as part of a significant UX team.
- Experienced implementing/using UX pattern and components libraries.
- Understand UX research methods and practices.
- Understanding of usability studies, personas studies, remote user-testing
- Lead or worked on design projects that have industry recognition and awards
- Deep knowledge of interaction and visual designs standard methodology
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Payments industry knowledge preferred.
- Desired knowledge of Biller Direct services, User Experience in Financial Services, and Payments
- Ability to serve as a “hands on” leader through example.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and communicate results to management.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
Who we are:
Biller Solutions is a leading global provider of billing and payment solutions. Our multichannel solutions reach customers via mobile, online banking, biller website, walk-in, IVR and CSR channels. Our integrated, cost-effective billing and payment solutions include electronic and paper bill production and distribution, expedited and recurring bill payment, e-lockbox and remittance processing.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More