Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
The Development team for our Digital Channels business is responsible for building and maintaining software products for mobile banking. Building and maintaining our products includes development of new features and enhancements, maintenance and support of existing features, technical design and documentation, integration, deployment and testing. The Manager, Software Development will provide leadership and direction for a group of Developers, Test Engineers, Team Leads and Technical Leads and meets regularly with each of them to provide feedback and mentoring, ensure they receive appropriate training and that their career development goals are met. The Manager is responsible for continuously improving the processes and tools used by Developers and Test Engineers to ensure projects are delivered efficiently, with high quality and on time. To be successful in this role, the Manager needs to have a passion for delivering market leading software products.
The role is responsible for defining the development and test approach within assigned projects, and disciplines through knowledge of industry best practices. They act as an escalation point for project level issues, and proactively engage with stakeholders and other teams to ensure that technical risks are mitigated and impediments resolved. You will be required to respond to occasional requests for additional off-hour work in the event of an emergency client incident or critical business need.
This position provides line management for a group of Developers, Test Engineers, Team Leads and Tech Leads. You will work with Project Managers, Agile Coaches, Product Delivery Managers and Architects to ensure project delivery.
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- 10+ years experience in software development.
- 2+ years experience in people management.
- An advanced understanding of processes and practices which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, security, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
- Experience in delivering via complete software development life cycles, with methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Extereme Programming.
- An advanced understanding of IT environments, mobile devices, server technologies, security, performance.
- Financial services industry experience, familiarity with eFinance applications, understanding of ecommerce implementation considerations, and project management experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project Office Suite).
- Demonstrated success in defining and implementing process improvements.
- Deep understanding of issues involved in delivering, deploying and supporting an integrated suite of products.
- Demonstrated success in establishing standards for SW Product and Process metrics and implementing process (preferable).
- Domain knowledge in the banking, finance, payments, mobile applications (preferable).
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Computer Sciences or relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of general IT environments, including Mobile applications, server technologies, Security, performance.
- App Store deployment knowledge desirable
Travel: up to 10% (domestic and international)
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.