Director Delivery and Technical Account Management
What does a great Director Delivery and Technical Account Management do?
- Lead the Portfolio Management process to facilitate business case development, level of effort definition, portfolio analysis, prioritization, project selection and approval
- Manage Risk for the business unit by overseeing technical debt, audit, and compliance needs to ensure appropriate portfolio allocation and effective risk mitigation
- Responsible for financial budgeting and forecasting as it relates to portfolio spend (both hours and capital)
- Manage business demand by balancing client delivery, revenue growth and effective risk management
- Facilitate long term architecture planning to ensure alignment between the business’ product roadmap and the Enterprise Technology roadmap
- Lead planning for future-state staffing and organizational alignment in support of portfolio execution
- Serve as project sponsor and escalation point for issue/risk resolution to ensure all portfolio targets are met
- Maintain and grow relationships with key business unit executives
- Manages and provides technical and business direction for a team of Infrastructure/System Engineers responsible for delivering end-to-end solutions.
- Displays a high degree of collaboration with Professional Services and Business Unit teams to provide the right level of agility within a defined delivery process.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills, forward thinking, self-motivated, and able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
- Builds relationships and works closely with our internal customers, as well as occasionally with external customers, to ensure solutions are technically sound, issues are identified and resolved, and projects are delivered within budget and on-time.
- Manages and tracks the progress of multiple projects. Certain projects may require project management and administration that include project planning, maintaining and project plan, providing status reports, and budgeting and procurement.
- Resolves challenges by analyzing issues, assisting the team to determine the most appropriate course of action, providing direction and, when necessary, reallocating resources.
- Works with the Enterprise Portfolio Management team to ensure that each of our projects has the appropriate amount of budget and resource allocation.
- Communicates status of activities with the team, peers, management, internal and external customers.
- Manage team personnel issues, including hiring, motivating, career development/enrichment, performance and salary review, disciplinary actions, terminations, etc.
- Proven ability to communicate the functionality and value for the platforms to business unit architects and product managers
- Work with other leaders to create, measure, and report progress towards established key performance metrics
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience including 3+ years of prior management, supervisory or team leader experience
- 5+ years of experience in systems architecture, engineering, or operational domains
- Excellent technical, functional, verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment and has proven team management ability
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and customer-support focused attitude
- Proven ability to provide leadership across multiple sites and geographic area
- Excellent presentation skills, PowerPoint development and experience reporting to large groups
- Ability to influence with impact and lead across matrixed organizations
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business or equivalent degree is desirable
- ITIL certification or Six Sigma certification(s) preferred
- Must be flexible and have the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects or tasks
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent business integration and relationship management skills
- Excellent program and project management skills & experience
- Demonstrated technical skills with ability to translate complex requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple deadlines and constituencies
Business Description: The Enterprise Technology Group (ETG) delivers technical leadership, shared services and infrastructure for Fiserv’s operating divisions. ETG’s Professional Services team is accountable for the strategic relationship with Fiserv’s business units including operational quality, “build” delivery, financial performance and risk management related to critical infrastructure support. This role is a visible leadership role which is part of a vertical and matrixed team interfacing with senior management. The Technology Delivery Director oversees the commercial portfolio and manages a team responsible for portions of the infrastructure design and build process of this portfolio. The project portfolio may be infrastructure or client-facing spanning multiple lines of business.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More