You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Database Administrator, Advisory do?
You will support Microsoft SQL databases, including all client-facing environments, backups across internal and end-user applications.
As a Database Administrator you can look forward to:
Working closely with internal customers to deploy changes into the production environment, managing the change control processes, using internal tools, monitoring, responding to and troubleshooting SQL Server alerts. The position will also be on-call on a rotating basis with the rest of the team.
Additional responsibilities include working with application developers to integrate efforts with relational databases, participate in team or company projects as required, maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database administration, design, and implementation, capacity planning and provides on-call support.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills.
- Experience supporting/administering MS SQL in an enterprise environment.
- Understanding of how to deploy SSIS packages and the supporting jobs.
- Monitor and maintain the health of the production (and/or lower region) environments.
- Experience with backup processes & procedures.
- The ability to document and implement standard operational procedures.
- Work on documenting areas that need to be addressed.
- Provide 24 X 7 production database support to help resolve production and application related issues (Severity 1 or 2) when on call.
- Understand and utilize the change management process.
- Perform updates/changes during maintenance windows.
- Understand current capacity issues and the capacity planning processes.
- Work with team to review change requests.
- Participate in software deployment.
- Solid understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices.
- Strong understanding of Clustering, Database Mirroring, and Replication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School diploma with 8+ years equivalent work experience.
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of DBA experience
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL and how to tune it in a highly specialized fast paced, 24X7 operation environment. Windows scripting, experience with SQL Query Language.
- Knowledge of escalation and Root Cause Analysis, and industry best practices.
Up to 20%
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- PowerShell experience.
- ITIL experience\certification.
- Standards development or agile application development.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.