Application Specialist, Staff
Do you thrive in a dynamic, committed, and professional environment and would you like to be a part of a team that positively effects change? Are you up for a challenge of driving client experience forward?
You can “Find Your Forward" as part of our team at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and you will join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 23,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in financial services with deep expertise and a dedication to innovation.
It is an outstanding time to join Fiserv and take on a rewarding and challenging role that helps to drive significant change in a rapidly evolving and growing organization.
hat does an outstanding Application Specialist, Staff do?
This role requires financial and investment accounting expertise coupled with an affinity for working directly with clients to solve complex problems. Beyond the responsibility for maintaining the day-to-day relationship with our clients, we expect the Application Specialist to have an excellent understanding of financial accounting and reporting including Investment Valuation, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets accounting systems in a banking environment. The Application Specialist should enjoy teaching complex financial concepts and have a working knowledge of banking operations, reporting, and procedures and possess a thorough knowledge of financial accounting operations. Successful candidates often have a Treasury, Bank Operations, Financial Accounting or Accounting Systems background that provides the required level of accounting and operations understanding necessary in supporting institutions with their financial accounting needs. Prior general ledger experience in a banking environment is a plus. The Application Specialist will need to have excellent troubleshooting skills, strong leadership abilities, good organizational and inter-personal skills, excellent attitude towards work, and good communication skills. Growth opportunities include increased product or management responsibility within Client Services, Professional Services or Product Development.
- Serve as principal point of contact for both external and internal customers with regard to application queries/issues.
- Perform research and problem diagnostics to determine resolutions to reported problems.
- Provide database queries and diagnostic scripts to gather information for effective analysis.
- Validate issues are resolved to customer satisfaction prior to closing inquiries.
- Provide root-cause analysis for complex issues including action plans to prevent reoccurrence.
- Efficiently and appropriately escalate issues to Tier 2 support team when warranted.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing and product documentation review.
- Provide client input to Product Managers, Business Analysts and Programmers in regards to product features and enhancements.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent education in a related discipline is required.
- Two years prior application support or technical implementations within the financial services industry is required.
- Requires Two years investment trading or accounting experience.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Experience - Proficiency in MS SQL (queries) as well as working in virtual environments a plus.
- Experience with Fiserv Solutions a plus
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems using sound judgment and experience.
- Proficiency in understanding investment accounting rules.
- Excellent presentation, client management, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of client support procedures with attention to detail and follow up.
Who we are:
Fiserv is the global leader in information management and e-commerce systems for the financial services industry. Fiserv provides financial accounting software that automates and streamlines day-to-day processing by reducing the effort required to perform financial accounting functions. Our clients include the finance leadership, investment and treasury accountants at leading US financial institutions.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More