You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
We’ve started our journey to create a world class merchant acquiring developer platform. As an API Product Manager, you’ll play a key role in driving how we interact with external developers from large financial services clients, eCommerce clients & software vendors by designing external API interfaces with the best developer experience in mind.
We’re an ‘API First’ team and part of your role will be to instill high standards while focusing on an ‘outside in’ approach. That means we look to the customer when we design our products.
You’ll have a keen interest in the developer’s experience; the developer experience being what products we expose, how we design them and support them in production. The right candidate will be prepared to evangelize the importance of a great developer experience and well-designed APIs to both technology and business stakeholders.
What does a great API Product Manager do?
- Owns the strategy and lifecycle management of external APIs from inception – launching – scaling – maturity – deprecating
- Researches the market and competition to identify opportunities
- Collates and converts customer feedback into actionable insights
- Works with engineering to build and improve your APIs
- Works with marketing, legal, sales and PR teams
- Owns and create product documentation & sales enablement content
- Owns and create technical documentation
- Designs APIs with great developer experience in mind, to a state which can be passed to engineering to be built
- Gathers feedback from customers to inform design decisions
- Develops expertise in payment standards and frameworks e.g. EMVCo, 3D-Secure, acquirer technology
- Designs and work with engineering to build developer tools e.g. SDKs, config pages
- Develops applications that demonstrate the APIs in use, such as building an ecommerce store, a reseller portal, a merchant data dashboard
- Works with the Developer Portal Team to manage APIs publicized on the portal and identify additional requirements needed on the portal e.g. config pages
- Works with the Developer Experience & Engagement Team on developer community activities e.g. product deep dives, conferences, blogs
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- BS/BA degree, ideally in computer science or engineering
- Project delivery experience
- Experience in developing software products either as a developer or as an architect
- Knowledge of APIs and modern web technologies
- Technical writing skills
- Experience in Open API spec
- Experience in YAML & Swagger
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- Previous experience in financial services or payments or serving ISVs
- Experience in design thinking or value proposition design would be greatly beneficial
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for eight years, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.