Advisory Technical Project Manager
An Advisory Technical Project Manager isresponsible for management of an RPA Automation Squad, interacting with all levels of staff, from subject matter experts (SMEs) to C-level executives, to create awareness of RPA technology and build a pipeline of candidate processes (to be automated).
Leveraging an appetite for industry knowledge, an aptitude for defining successful business improvement strategies, and experience in defining and achieving financial targets, the Project Manager provides authoritative direction to management on where process automation should be applied in our region to ensure that Fiserv achieves maximum return on its RPA investment.
What does a great Advisory Technical Project Manager do?
- Pro-actively engages Department Managers and Executive Stakeholders to generate awareness of RPA capabilities.
- Builds and leads teams of improvement personnel to assist in identification of short, medium and long term automation opportunities.
- Provides reporting to the Automation Transformation Group (ATG) on a needs basis.
- Manages demand for the Automation Squad by owning the RPA Demand Management Repository.
- Ensures all necessary documentation is available for commencement of delivery.
- Participates in the ATG Governance Board review process to ensure strategic alignment of deliverables to global targets and operational objectives.
- Determines the content of automation deliverables within each release known as a “Waves” and schedules delivery in accordance with business sponsorship agreements.
- Ensures that stakeholders are engaged from the outset and are provided with clear understanding of timing, responsibilities and implications of Production release.
- Coordinates workshop sessions to elicit requirements and accurately capture information in a format that stakeholders can understand.
- Participates in the ATG Define, Design and Configure Stage Gates to ensure adherence to governance objectives.
- Ensures that User Acceptance Testing is completed in accordance with stakeholder expectations.
- Supports the successful implementation of the solution into Production.
- Assists the Control Room Operator role in effective management of Production environments.
- Ensures that Post Implementation Reviews are completed in a timely manner and that benefit realization is captured and reported in accordance with ATG requirements.
- Motivates staff in a manner tailored to individual skillsets.
- Performances manage team members on a needs basis.
- Builds a culture of teamwork and support.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- 7+ years’ experience as a Project/Program Manager
- Experience managing executive stakeholders including negotiation of project scope
- Experience leading a team and/or large scale projects
- Proven ability to successfully deliver solutions based on financial targets
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder expectations based on SLAs
- A genuine interest and willingness to learn new technology around process automation
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Experience analyzing business processes, identifying automation opportunities and/or the ability to assess automation feasibility.
- The aptitude to contribute to the evolution of methodologies and procedures in a controlled manner to continually improve a rapid and repeatable delivery channel.
- The ability to explain your thought process to other team members and mentor individuals within development and delivery disciplines
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team.
- Broad understanding of people, process and technology within Fiserv as an enterprise
- Six Sigma or Business Process Management (BPM) experience
- Business Re-engineering experience
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More