You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
Professional Services Project Manager, Senior
What does a great Project Manager do?
The purpose of the Senior Project Manager’s job is to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. The Senior Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor larger scale scope and budget projects with a high degree of complexity and risk. The Senior Project Manager will partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects can span multiple business units or functional areas. The Senior Project Manager is expected to work under minimal supervision with oversight provided by the Senior Manager.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
• Provide a holistic view of the overall project to the organization and all stakeholders
• Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.)
• Define project governance, outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
• Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes
• Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project
• Proactively communicate the project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
• Facilitate alignment and approach for all related Fiserv business areas to meet One Fiserv Objectives.
• Knowledgeable about how the organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network. Understands the culture of organizations.
• Excellent Communication skills – must be proficient in the English language
• Working hours generally are Eastern Standard Time typically in the range of 7am to 6pm.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Bachelor degree in business or equivalent work experience
• 5-7 years of previous project management and/or relevant consulting experience
• Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in, project management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycles
• Experience in driving large scope projects with many moving parts and interdependencies
• Experience in large scale change efforts and change management
• Experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams
• Experience with Microsoft Project
• Possesses the following key skillsbehaviors:
• Stakeholder Partnership:
o Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with key stakeholderscustomers across Fiserv to maximize program effectiveness and influence
o Poised and composed interaction with all levels of the organization �within Division), including senior-level audience
o Ability to practically apply project management concepts to facilitate the achievement of business objectives ensuring predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery
o Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals
• Team Leadership:
• Team Leadership:
o Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate project team, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace
o Ability to lead and influence with minimal direction from sponsor or manager
• Accountability & Commitment:
o Ability to achieve project outcomes and stakeholder satisfaction
o Ability to identify project obstacles and proactively mitigate risks. Escalates and resolves complex issues effectively
• Learning Agility:
o Ability to quickly grasps complex concepts and conveys concepts in a way that is easily understood by others
o Ability to incorporate feedback and adjust plans or approach
• Business Acumen:
o Ability to provide a holistic view by coordinating with and monitoring all impacted business processes from initiation to delivery
o Ability to explain the business rationale and benefits of change to client, including impacts to project
• Problem Solving:
o Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
o Ability to effectively and quickly solve complex problems rather than symptoms
• Process Adherence:
o Ability to engage in project initiating activities such as identifying stakeholders, identifying project management approach, defining roles and responsibilities, etc.
o Ability to use proven project management methods and practices to facilitate the achievement of project outcomes
o Ability to provide a complete view of the overall project to the organization and all stakeholders
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.